Copyright in a Global Information Economy, Fifth Edition
Copyright in a Global Information Economy, Fifth Edition provides both comprehensive topic coverage and integrated treatment of doctrinal, theoretical, international, and policy questions. It seamlessly facilitates a variety of teaching styles and preferences ranging from the more theoretical to the more practice-oriented. Each section includes practice exercises that enable students to apply what they have learned and to practice skills relating to advocacy, drafting, and client counseling.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Updated and streamlined introductory materials on copyright’s context and justifications
- Revised coverage of doctrines relating to authorship and copying in fact to emphasize problems that arise in organizational settings
- Coverage of the Music Modernization Act of 2018 and its implications for the specialized system of music copyright rules
- New case law on the extent of online service providers’ duty to maintain and implement procedures for terminating accounts of repeat infringers
- Coverage of the European Union’s Digital Single Market directive and its implications for online service provider obligations to copyright holders
- Revised coverage of materials relating to termination of transfers to reflect current controversies
Aspen Publishers, Inc
intellectual property, copyright
Intellectual Property Law | Law
Cohen, Julie E.; Loren, Lydia Pallas; Okediji, Ruth L.; and O'Rourke, Maureen, "Copyright in a Global Information Economy, Fifth Edition" (2019). Books. 350.