Professional Responsibility for Business Lawyers
Professional Responsibility casebook with a focus on business and transactional lawyers.
Authored by Nancy Moore, a highly visible and respected scholar and teacher in Professional Responsibility, this new casebook covers the fundamental components of a traditional Professional Responsibility course with a focus on how these issues arise in a transactional business law practice. It is designed for use in either a two- or three-credit basic course in Professional Responsibility course or an advanced course or seminar specifically on PR in business and transactional law. The traditional pedagogical approach uses a mixture of narrative and descriptive content, edited cases and ethics opinions, discussion questions, and problems.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- A basic introduction to professional responsibility, with a focus on business and transactional lawyers
- Thorough explanations of rules and concepts
- Cases carefully edited to clarify the court’s discussion of ethical issues relevant to the chapter topics
- Textual material provides a foundational understanding of the fundamental topics, allowing the instructor to focus on more difficult material during class time
- Notes and questions highlight important aspects of each case and prepare students for class discussion
- Review problems at the end of each chapter – provide a brief overview of material already covered and help students prepare for the exam
- Appropriate not only for future transactional lawyers, but also for future litigators
- The instructor can choose to place or more or less emphasis on the transactional components of the casebook
Teaching materials include:
- Teacher’s Manual
- PowerPoint slides (available from the author upon request)
Aspen Publishers, Inc
business law, lawyers, transactional lawyers
Business Organizations Law | Law
Moore, Nancy J., "Professional Responsibility for Business Lawyers" (2022). Books. 335.