Criminal Law Advocacy, v. 2: Guilty Pleas
Access Full Text
Criminal Law Advocacy explores the important techniques behind successful criminal law practice and offers specific guidelines for using the proper procedures. Checklists, sample forms, and real-life examples of testimony are included, with expert author commentary throughout. Topics include:
• Trial Investigation and Preparation--Initial client interview, setting fees, case management, discovery, and motion practice
• Jury Selection--Substantive law, strategies, and techniques
• Guilty Pleas--Plea bargaining, the constitutional standards for accepting pleas, Alford pleas, plea agreement procedure
• Trial Proof--Real evidence, elements of guilt, privileges, objections and the operation of the rules of evidence
• Witness Examination--Strategies and techniques
• Argument to the Jury--Techniques and analysis of pertinent laws
Matthew Bender & Co.
Rossman, David, "Criminal Law Advocacy, v. 2: Guilty Pleas" (1982). Books. 110.